My first Geocache!!!

23:13 Unknown 0 Comments

(The kind of clues involved)

I am so glad I found out about this awesome treasure hunt adventure!


I wish I would have found it sooner, would have been great for days off just exploring! For those of you that don't know (Damn muggles) Geocaching is essentially the biggest treasure hunt you will ever come across. It is literally worldwide!

All over the world, there a geocache boxes, hidden by people in random locations. You hunt for one close to you online and follow the coordinates to the location. Usually, there is some kind of puzzle to solve to find it.

The point to this idea is to get people to visit places they wouldn't usually go or to experience something new. It really gets you out and about and exploring your local area!


Today was my first adventure!

For my first geocache log, we went and explored an old cement mixer....Which I thought was bizarre. But when I arrived, I was greeted with this!


It's like a clowns cement mixer!

Upon reading online about this, it used to be just your bog standard (if not large) cement mixer placed in the 1950s (ish). Due to it's location, it was given a new coat of paint and kept as a symbolic art piece.

It is near an employment agency (so the German equivalent of the job centre...in a way) and some people see it as a symbol to celebrate how the past century and the increased growth of roads and buildings. It also reflects the unemployed yet having unused professions.


The search was on!

So my family had already found this one, so they waited in the car whilst I walked around in a circle trying to figure out what I was looking for. I felt like the teenager I used to be - wanting to climb and explore everywhere! (Hey, I was a 90's kid...sue me) Eventually, after my sister laughing at me wondering how to climb the cement mixer, she decided to give me a few hints.

I say hints....the whole "warmer"/"colder" deal!

But I found it!!!! I was so excited to find my first geocache!


It was a tiny box! Seriously I'm amazed I found it!
Has a magnet built in so you can just stick it to a part of the cement mixer (though the point is to put it back in it's original place!).

Here's the "loot":

A handmade bracelet, a tooth rubber, a pretty fossil and a homemade charm (not pictured)
The idea is you sign the book (also not pictured) to leave your mark in that area. You can sign your name, make a stamp...anything. You just leave some kind of mark and include the date.

The little items pictured is just an "exchange". As in you take something for a prize (we took the charm) and then you place something in there for someone else to choose when they find it next.

Us being a British family in a small town, we thought it would be fun to leave a little bit of Britain in the box!


Me and my sister tried a few other locations, but we couldn't figure out the puzzle on one, and the other had been stolen. (People - stop ruining the fun!)

To be fair to me and my sister, we were following instructions wrote in German and it's currently Karnival here...Meaning me and my sister looking round a bus stop looking in bushes and on traffic signs just seems odd! Even though many people are dressed in costume - we're the ones that get the strange looks!

That's the thing about Karnival, if you don't dress up you stick out like a sore thumb!

Get exploring guys if you haven't tried this already! 
When you go travelling, leave your mark! 
If you're filled with boredom, go explore your local area!

Share your favourite (or furthest, or most difficult) geocache with me in the comments guys! x

0 comments :